My friend Rana started doing this on her blog years ago, and it has become a tradition for me. 2013 will be my 12th year of blogging.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I started a new job at the library. I tried sushi and liked it. I rescued a black shih-tzu from the pound, for my mom.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for 2014?
For 2014, as for every year: Practice non-attachment.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friends Don and Andrew welcomed a daughter into their family.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My great-great aunt died in April. My father-in-law died in June. Other friends and dear ones crossed over through the year.
5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed in the United States. Visited Milwaukee and Chicago, two of my favorite places.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 which you lacked in 2013?
Difficult to say.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
The day my father-in-law died.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Rescuing Abbie from the dog pound.